Native English Speaker
Relevant Teaching experience
Two relevant satisfactory references
Satisfactory police check
The ability to deliver the EYFS to a high standard
Trustworthy and honest, organised and efficient, hardworking, team worker, positive attitude with a sense of humour, energetic, punctual, of good health and committed to providing high quality childcare.
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage To implement and promote all Invictus policies and the Staff Rules.
- To ensure children’s safety.
- To care for and supervise groups of children assigned to them.
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times.
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour.
- To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities.
- To ensure an adherence to all health and safety policies.
- To support senior members of staff to ensure appropriate Safeguarding procedures are put into practice.
- To support all co-ordinators eg, senco and equal opportunities in their duties.
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observations, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures.
- To work as part of the staff team and make a positive contribution.
- To go about your duties with a positive and enthusiastic attitude - to be confident, hardworking and conscientious.
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff.
At all times the Early Years Teacher must display a high level of enthusiasm, loyalty and motivation and must adhere to the correct policies and ethos of Invictus International Programme.
She/He must promote equal opportunities for all.
She/He must at all times promote the good name of Invictus.
She/He must ensure adherence to the appropriate Dress Code.
Aims and Objectives
The Early Years Teacher’s aim is to provide a high quality, integrated early education and childcare service following the statutory framework and practice guidance of the EYFS, giving Invictus children the opportunity to achieve their Early Learning Goals.
To achieve this the role of the Early Years Teacher is to establish relationships with the children and their parents, plan the learning environment and curriculum, supporting and extending children’s play, learning and development, and assessing their achievements and planning their next steps.
The Early Years Teacher must carry out the planning and implementation of age-appropriate curricula for children in accordance with the practice guidance of the EYFS, in consultation with the Nursery Manager and/or Management Team.
The Planning of the Curriculum should meet children’s individual needs through the Ages and Stages towards the early learning goals. It is also to develop their early communication, literacy and numeracy skills which will prepare our children for key stage 1 of the Cambridge Primary Curriculum.
The Teacher must ensure learning experiences of the highest quality through a range of well-planned play which is enjoyable and challenging, and there should be opportunities for children to engage in activities planned by adults and also that they plan or initiate themselves.
The Teacher should ensure that the curriculum and children's activities meet fully with the criteria set out by the EYFS and that the highest possible outcome is achieved at inspections