BCIS Phuket is the first school in Thailand to have its education programs accredited by the French Ministry of Education, Cambridge Assessment International Education and the Thai Ministry of Education; all within the same institution. We offer students from 18 months to 18 years of age an innovative, world-class education on our purpose-built, state-of-the -art campus in Chalong, on the south of the island. We are expanding year on year and currently have our first intake of Year 12.
We are seeking to hire an Art Teacher for Secondary, starting April 2022.
Reporting to: Head of Secondary, Deputy Head of Secondary, Principal
Responsible for: Class Teaching Assistant, if applicable
• To enthuse pupils about the subject that you teach and contribute towards their
enjoyment of learning.
• To deliver the curriculum both in a manner suited to your subject and as directed by the
Head of Department.
• To apply all school policies as related to staff and pupils.
• To always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
Teaching and Learning
• To liaise with the Head of Department and other teaching colleagues to plan, prepare, teach and evaluate schemes of work as prescribed by the National Curriculum of England and Wales (in an international setting) and exam board specifications for internal assessments and external examinations.
• To ensure that all planning and preparation caters for the individual needs of all students.
• To have written evidence of well-prepared lessons, available on request.
• To ensure that the scheme of work is followed as directed by the Head of Department.
• To ensure that the Date, Title, Learning Objective and Learning Outcome (D,T, LO) are clearly displayed on the board in all lessons.
• To have a record of all assessments given to students.
• To analyse assessment results and use these to inform planning for individual pupils and classes as a whole.
• Use a variety of teaching and learning strategies in order to match curricular objectives and meet the needs of all students; consideration should be made for differentiation and group focus.
• Assessment for Learning (AfL) should be a part of all lessons.
• To gain a full understanding of the appropriate Curriculum, Schemes of Work and related resources, and their use in developing appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
• Set homework regularly according to the school’s Homework Policy in order to consolidate and extend students’ learning and encourage students’ to take responsibility for their own learning.
• To ensure work is marked and assessed according to School and Subject Policies.
• To be responsible for the assessment, recording and reporting for the students you teach.
• To attend Staff and Subject meetings and to plan and evaluate cooperatively in these meetings.
• To follow School and Subject Policy on the assessment, recording and reporting of students’ progress.
• To plan trips and events that are related to subject matter and which will enhance the pupils’ learning.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should only apply if they meet all of the above requirements. Please include your CV, a letter of application (maximum 2 pages) outlining your educational philosophy and why you feel are suitable for the position. Please include the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three professional referees; one of whom must be your present employer.
Please email all documents to email@example.com
Please visit our website: www.bcisphuket.com
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.