Kensington Learning Space (KLS) : K Aqua Space
KLS is a brand new forward thinking learning space situated in the west of Bangkok City. Only a short distance (10 minutes) from the BTS (Sky train) with easy access to the world-famous, historic and vibrant city of Bangkok! The area and local community is steeped in Thai tradition, set in lush greenery with a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere.
The purpose built space with a futuristic design aims to offer innovative, creative learning in a fun way. The Space is part of the Kensington community which includes an award winning kindergarten school next door. Whilst Kensington International Kindergarten (https://kensington.ac.th) continues to attract government and educational attention from throughout SE Asia, KLS aims to not only complement our Kensington community but also accomplish something very different and very unique.
Kensington Learning Space will be providing enrichment sessions focused on a variety of areas for students from 6 months to 11 years. Our aim is to research and use the best curriculums from around the world. These will be taught in a creative and fun way, ensuring that every child who walks through our doors receives progressive education to prepare them for the future.
At KLS, we have offered the K Aqua Space, which is the swimming academy. We will be teaching swimming lesson from babies up to 9 years old student. Our purpose built and pool space design is unique with first class facility. The pool is semi indoors and specially designed for swimming teaching and is heated to 33 degrees. Pools with salt chlorination system with sanitization UV provides hygienic, low odor/low irritant water.
Just like Kensington Kindergarten, KLS will embrace its community, and our parents will play an active role as they too become part of the ‘Kensington Family.’ Parent participation is recognized as an integral part of our education process.
Position: Aquatics Teacher / Coach
We are looking for friendly, professional and enthusiastic individuals. Applicants should have a passion for teaching and love children as some are as young as 6 months old. You must have a passion for swimming and making children feel and act safe in and around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
You will provide swimming instruction primarily to infants and school aged children as set out in K | Aqua Space program. The aim of the program is to provide professional
instruction and a safe environment in which students learn and actively participate. This role typically reports to the Aquatics Manager.
- Applicants must have a passion for teaching and love working with young
- Fluent English and Thai Speaker
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate is essential.
- ASCTA certification or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics.
- A swimming teaching qualification would be a great advantage, although training
will be given to the successful applicant.
- At least 12 months experience teaching swimming to children.
- Immediate start and female applicant is preferable
- Must have a passion for the water and working with children.
- Must be able to be in the pool 4 hours consecutively during the teaching day.
- Smile and have fun during the entire shift. Assure that the last student gets the
same enthusiasm as the first student.
- Constantly stay abreast of industry trends and new stroke techniques.
- Knowledge of general safety rules and precautions related to a swimming pool
- Must have a professional demeanor and appearance when working with clients.
- Ability to work in a positive way with a wide range of students with special needs
and varying ages.
- Use appropriate communication skills in dealing with both children and adults.
- Must have ability to perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which
includes lifting, loading, unloading, and ability to maneuver up to 40 lbs.
- Dependable motor vehicle transportation is a must.
- Ability to work in and around swimming pools with exposure to chlorinated and
chemically treated water.
- Knowledge of methods of rescue, life saving techniques, artificial respiration, and
first aid a plus.
Skills & Attributes:
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the
needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part
of the team
Our class will occur on a 4 -term cycle. Our KLS working calendar can be discussed in more details during the interview process. Our Working days are 5 days per week (3 weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday). Total hours of working is 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits based on their experience and qualifications which includes:
- Competitive salary dependent on experiences and qualifications (negotiable)
- Free lunch provided during working days
- Medical insurance
- At least 22 days paid holiday
- Ongoing professional development.
If you are suitably qualified and experienced and would like to be part of a professional and dedicated team that is committed to developing children to be part of a progressive future, please apply by clicking on the “Application Link” below, or send application form to email@example.com
Applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview by Skype or Zoom (specific dates will be advised). If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have not been shortlisted.
Kensington Learning Space is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.
Note: * Employment terms and conditions to be agreed before accepting work abroad.