SIAM Computer & Language School is accepting Filipino/Filipina applicants for cover teaching roles servicing our large external program.
We require two experienced, reliable and enthusiastic full-time cover teachers to add to our SIAM team. If you possess these qualities, and are familiar with the Bangkok public transport system, we would like to hear from you.
Founded in 1979, SIAM has been operating for more than 40 years. Many of our large team of NES and NNES teachers have been working with us a minimum of 5 years and continue to do so. We are happy to welcome new and enthusiastic teachers to the SIAM family each year and hope to build strong relationships with all who join us.
These full-time positions require our cover team to be fully operational from as early as 06:00 in the morning. Our external program manager updates all cover staff before 06:00 daily with all assignments. In the event no cover is required at any of our schools, the cover team reports to our head offices to work until no later than 15:00. These positions are full time with a full time salary of 30,000bht/month plus an initial travel stipend of 3,000bht/month (tracking of travel cost systems in place to add to this stipend if necessary).
Candidates should be experienced teachers who are comfortable with teaching all ages from K levels to secondary - Most of our cover work (85%) is secondary. Candidates should also be early risers and be familiar with how to get around Bangkok in both a cost-effective and prompt fashion.
• Bachelor’s Degree (must be completed)
• 120Hr TEFL or a CELTA qualification
• Teaching experience in Thailand or elsewhere is an absolute must
• A reliable and positive character - Very important
• Be aged between 22 and 45 ideally
• Be currently in Thailand and possess a valid visa
• Be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
• Be flexible with levels, locations and be able to think on your feet
• Online teaching platform experience
The following would also prove advantageous:
• Some understanding of Thai culture
• Willingness to develop and grow as a teacher with the support of our professional development team
What we offer:
• Strong NNES salary package with bonuses
• Immediate start with all national holidays paid during employment period
• Annual contract review - contract for two academic semesters
• Completion of assignment and performance bonuses of up to 20,000bht per academic year
• Paid sick leave up to four days per contract
• Health insurance - *after contract signed and work commenced
• Work Permit and visa assistance - Work permit / visa valid for 1 year
• Up to five paid business leave days for non B and work permit processing
• Overtime possibilities
• Western management team
• Professional development
• Curriculum and supplementary materials provided
• Orientation and support from one of our experienced cover team
If you feel we may be a good fit for you, like a challenge, and you are keen to join our team of cover teachers, please send your resume via the link provided here on Ajarn.com.
Only shortlisted candidates meeting our review criteria will be contacted directly by email for interview appointment. Proof of vaccination will be requested at the appropriate juncture.