Position Available: Secondary Social Sciences Teacher at Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University, Bangkok.
Start date: May 2023
Salary: Up to 65,000 Thai Baht depending on qualifications and experience.
What we need:
SBS is seeking a dynamic, experienced, professionally certified teacher to join our international teaching team. Successful applicants will be suitably qualified and experienced, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extracurricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
• Teaching Social Sciences to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge Curriculum.
• Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, managing information on the school’s administrative system.
• Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies, and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
• Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
• Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behaviour, social development, and health.
• Conferring with teachers, parents, or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioural or academic issues.
• Preparing and implementing remedial programmes for students requiring extra help.
• Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events.
• Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
• Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal.
• Education Degree in a Social Sciences Subject, or any relevant field
• Professional Teaching qualification/licence/certification as applicable
• Preference will be given to those holding a Master’s degree.
• Preference will be given to candidates based in Thailand.
• 2 years‘ professional experience (after obtaining teaching qualification) in teaching social sciences in a structured school setting. (Desirable)
• Experience of teaching IGCSE Global Perspectives to lower and upper secondary students would be highly advantageous. (Highly Desirable)
• Experience of working with expats, international curriculum, EAL learners is an advantage (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
• Fluent English speaker (minimum C1 fluency)
• Strong presentation, communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations, and teamwork.
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted, and a positive outlook.
Safeguarding and Student Welfare
SBS is committed to high safeguarding standards and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and those who work in the school. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, qualification verification checks and criminal record checks.
When applying please provide two professional references, including your most recent line manager, with their position and email contact details.
• Up to 65,000 Thai Baht depending on qualifications and teaching experience
• Full-time teaching job with one to two year contract (depending on the applicants)
• Basic health and accident insurance, after probation
• Provident fund, after probation
• Paid holidays
• Assistance with all legal fees and processing (visa, work permit etc.)
• Assistance with opening a Thai bank account
• Scholarships available for up to two children
The school will consider applicants with completed documents that include a cover letter expressing the candidate’s background, experience, interests and philosophy of education. A brief introductory video. A resume with a recent photo, two references. Candidates with notarized degrees will be given preference.
Candidates to send their curriculum vitae to
the Headmaster, Mr. Mark Gilheaney at: email@example.com,
the Principal, Ms. Issareeya Anunyaphon at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Mr. Nouredine Ssekamanya at: email@example.com,
Mr. Sean Dalton at: firstname.lastname@example.org and
Human Resources at: email@example.com
Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University (SBS) is a part of the Arthit Ourairat Institute, with campuses in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and also including the British International School of Phuket. We are a progressive school offering quality education from Early Years through to Year 13. We are an authorised IB World School in Kindergarten and Primary, and a Cambridge International School in Secondary. SBS invites qualified applicants to apply for the current position. For more information you can visit our website, https://www.sbs.ac.th
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!
Please kindly name the subject as "Application for Secondary Social Sciences Teacher"