Berda Claude International School Phuket is seeking to appoint a passionate Head of Early Years with the vision and drive to contribute to our rapidly growing school. We are looking for a professional who has energy, positive enthusiasm, and commitment to promote and support play-based learning.
Main responsibilities of the role:
• To oversee the implementation and delivery of the UK Foundation Stage Curriculum in the Early Years classes.
• To work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop the Early Years department and whole-school policies and procedures.
• To support and develop teaching and learning across the Early Years department, so that the school delivers consistently excellent teaching in accordance with the BCIS Learning and Teaching policy.
• To support the Head of Primary in establishing a vision for the future of the Early Years department.
• To support the Early Years Team to ensure they comprehend and comply with the BCIS Staff Code of Conduct.
• To work with the Primary team in support of key transitions between Early Years and Key Stage 1.
• To communicate and work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents, and outside agencies.
• Safeguard and promote the health, safety, and welfare of children in line with our Safeguarding policy.
The Head of Early Years will contribute to the development of the Early Years department and must have extensive knowledge of the appropriate milestones for children within this age group.
An imaginative and creative approach to early childhood education is practiced in our classrooms. Class teachers work in close partnership with their teaching team using a responsive, project-based philosophy that encourages children to make their own discoveries, experience collaboration, and have confidence in their independence. Children, families, teachers, and the environment form a complete circle of learning, inspiring all to join in the process.
Candidates must have a degree in Education plus a PGCE or equivalent, and relevant teaching experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website: www.bcisphuket.com
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.