BCIS Phuket, the first school in Thailand to have its education programmers accredited by the French Ministry of Education, Cambridge Assessment International Education and the Thai Ministry of Education, all within the same institution. Students from as young as 18 months right up to 18 years of age receive a world class education on our purpose-built, state-of-the -art campus at Chalong, on the south of the island.
We are seeking to hire a whole school SENDCO.
The successful candidate will have the following requirements.
• A bachelor of Education degree, B.A. or diploma in Special Needs along with a Teaching Qualification such as PGCE, Diploma in Teaching.
• A native English speaker
• At least five years of teaching experience in the area of special needs support in an International School
• National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or a willingness to continue professional development at a higher level within 3 years of appointment
• Determine the strategic development of special educational needs and disability (SENDCO) policy and provision in the school
• Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEND policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual students with LD/SEN or a disability
• Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies
• Providing feedback on the student’s progress to parents/carers
• The SENDCO will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher
To consider only candidates who are already in Thailand. This position will begin ASAP.
How to apply:
Please only apply if you meet all of the above requirements by sending your resume, cover
and reference letter, related documents such as Education Certificate, passport, etc. and contact details to email@example.com. Please visit our website: www.bcisphuket.com
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.