TEC is a small English language college situated in a small, coastal town that serves as a starting point for exploring the nearby tropical islands. The college is led by an experienced language instructor who sees this role not just as a chance for a new teacher to immerse themselves in another culture, but also as an opportunity for professional growth.
The college is well-resourced and constantly seeking ways to enhance its teaching methods. We are searching for a teacher who wants to advance professionally and thrive in a teaching environment that holds high expectations for both students and instructors. If you do not place a high value on education or the responsibilities that come with being a teacher, this position may not be a good fit for you.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Planning and preparing lessons
- Delivering instruction for 20-24 hours per week, both in-person and online
- Monitoring and evaluating classroom performance through observations
- Incorporating storytelling techniques to actively engage students
- Evaluating student progress and providing regular feedback
- Participating in online discussion groups via Facebook and Line
- Creating additional educational materials to supplement instruction
- Participating in special events and courses offered by the college
- Grading homework and classwork assignments
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree with CELTA or TEFL Certificate (with teaching component).
Preference will be given to candidates with some teaching experience.
Salary & Benefits
The compensation package for this position includes:
- A monthly salary ranging from 24,000-30,000 Thai Baht, based on qualifications and experience. It's worth noting that the cost of living in Trat is relatively low.
- A one-year (12-month) contract with an end-of-contract bonus of 20,000 Baht.
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year, including some national holidays.
- Health insurance coverage up to the value of 6,000 Baht.
- Assistance with obtaining a visa and work permit for one year.
- Support from a Thai-speaking teaching assistant in classes for young learners.
- Assistance in finding suitable accommodation and transportation.
- In-house training and opportunities for professional development.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, detailing your qualifications and reasons for wanting to join our team, along with an updated resume and passport-style photo. As our students are primarily young learners, primary students and teenagers, it is important to note how you have experience teaching in this age group or why you are suitable to teach younger students.
The initial interview process will be conducted via Zoom, during which potential candidates will be expected to discuss their teaching methodology and experience. We have two positions available. One starts at the end of April and the other position at the start of June
If you would like to learn more about our school, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tectratenglish/
Please send all applications to Damien Herlihy, Director of Studies at email@example.com.