Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Up to 60,000 Thai Baht depending on qualifications and experience.
What we need:
SIBS is seeking a dynamic, experienced, professionally certified teacher to join our international teaching team. Successful applicants will be suitably qualified and experienced, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extracurricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
• Teaching Art & Design to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Curriculum.
• Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, managing information on the school’s administrative system.
• Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies, and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
• Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
• Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behaviour, social development, and health.
• Conferring with teachers, parents, or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioural or academic issues.
• Preparing and implementing remedial programmes for students requiring extra help.
• Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events.
• Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
• Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal.
• Education Degree in a relevant field
• Professional Teaching qualification/licence/certification as applicable
• Preference will be given to those holding a Master’s degree.
• 2 years‘ professional experience (after obtaining teaching qualification) in teaching primary subjects in a structured school setting.
• Experience in Cambridge International Curriculum is desired, but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
• Fluent English speaker (minimum C1 fluency)
• Strong presentation, communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations, and teamwork.
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted, and a positive outlook.
Safeguarding and Student Welfare
SIBS is committed to high safeguarding standards and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and those who work in the school. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, qualification verification checks and criminal record checks.
When applying please provide two professional references, including your most recent line manager, with their position and email contact details.
• Up to 60 000 Thai Baht depending on qualifications and teaching experience.
• Health and accident insurance.
• Provident fund, after probation.
• Approximately 12 weeks of paid holiday.
• Assistance with all legal fees and processing (visa, work permit etc.) Scholarships available for up to two children.
The school will consider applicants with completed documents that include a cover letter expressing the candidate’s background, experience, interests and philosophy of education. A resume with a recent photo, two references and salary expectation. Candidates with notarized degrees will be given preference. Candidates to send their curriculum vitae to the Headmaster Stephan Meiring at: firstname.lastname@example.org Secondary Vice Principal Marthuns Bester at: email@example.com Secondary Principal Tim J. Kist at: firstname.lastname@example.org and Human Resources at: email@example.com
Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University (SIBS) is a progressive school with a campus in Chiang Mai and Pathum Thani, offering quality education from Early Years through to Year 13. We are an authorised Cambridge International School. SIBS invites qualified applicants to apply for the current position. For more information you can visit our website, https://www.sibs.ac.th/