In Taiwan and looking for a job? HESS has positions in various locations around the island that can start immediately! Apply now!
Founded in 1983, HESS International Educational Group is the largest and most recognized private language school in Taiwan. We employ more than 600 native English-speaking teachers in 250+ HESS schools across Asia, including Taiwan, China, South Korea, and Singapore. Our staff has more than 35 years of experience looking after both new and experienced teachers just like you. At HESS, you'll work directly with a stable, well-established educational organization.
WHAT SETS HESS APART?
There are many options for teaching English overseas, so it’s important to do your research on what each school has to offer. At HESS, we provide:
• Teacher Training: 10 days of orientation and training in Taipei followed by class observations at your school ensure that you’re up to the task of leading your students.
• Free TEFL Certification: Earn your HESS TEFL Certificate while you teach.
• Teaching Curriculum Provided: Don't worry! We publish our own materials and provide you with the teacher's guides. Your lesson plans are already laid out for you.
Pay & Benefits:
• Competitive Starting Pay: NTD $620-660/hour based on experience and qualifications.
• Guaranteed Income: The average HESS teacher earns NTD $60,000 – 75,000/month.
• Year-End Bonuses: 1st year re-signing bonus of NTD $10,000, 2nd year completion bonus of NTD $15,000, 3rd year completion bonus of NTD $20,000, and NTD $30,000 for every year of completion thereafter.
• Paid Office Hours: Receive NTD $3000/month for class preparation work. You decide when and where to prepare for class—it doesn’t have to be at the school.
• Flexible Time Off: Your vacation time is not tied to the school's semester schedule. Take time off whenever you need it.
• Save AND Travel: Teaching with HESS, you will earn enough money to save, but also have enough left over to explore Asia.
• Advancement Opportunities: HESS is a large company with lots of opportunities beyond teaching both in managerial and administrative positions.
• Housing Assistance: Your branch will help you to find housing that fits your personal needs. Whether it’s living alone or with another HESS teacher, your branch has you covered.
• Documentation Assistance: We will help you collect documents and apply for your legal documents on your behalf.
• Interest-Free Start-up Loan: NTD $30,000 on the first day at your school.
FIND OUT MORE: The best place to start your teaching adventure is on the HESS website. It provides detailed information about working with HESS and living abroad. From there, you can also access our online application form. Visit www.hesseducation.com to find out more. Apply online today! We're looking forward to hearing from you!
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Passport holder from USA, CAN, UK, IRE, SA, AUS, or NZ
2. Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline) OR associate degree with a TEFL/TESOL certificate
3. One-year commitment
4. Clear Criminal record check