MANAGEMENT POSITION AVAILABLE: HIAPE ACADEMIC MANAGER (Linkou, New Taipei City)
• Following the successful launch of Hankel International Academy (HIA) in 2020, Shane Education is expanding further with Hankel International Academy of Primary Education (HIAPE), our new private bilingual experimental elementary school, scheduled to open this summer.
• We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Academic Manager (AM) to establish and lead the academic team at HIAPE. The HIAPE AM will be at the forefront of this exciting new venture and will play a key collaborative role in the founding and operation of HIAPE.
• The position will be based at Shane Education Head Office/HIAPE in Linkou, New Taipei City, starting in early 2022 (start date can be flexible).
• The HIAPE AM will be the direct line manager for all HIAPE foreign teachers; the main responsibilities will be general teacher management, hiring/onboarding, and training, as well as maintaining teaching quality by observing and advising teachers. The HIAPE AM is also responsible for writing and editing curriculum and course materials, and supporting HIAPE operations. The HIAPE AM is expected to teach when required based on operational needs, although this will usually only be as cover.
• Currently based in Taiwan, or have guaranteed means of entry (valid ARC/APRC)
• Strong knowledge of primary/elementary school teaching methodologies and practices
• CELTA/TESOL or equivalent (PGCE/teaching license is desirable, but not essential)
• At least two years’ teaching experience (preferably in a primary/elementary school setting)
• Previous supervisory and teacher training experience (preferred, but not essential)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Computer literacy and competence in basic computer software applications
• A passion for education and an eye for detail
• Fluency in Mandarin is advantageous but not essential
Those who are interested but do not fully meet all of the criteria are still encouraged to apply. To apply, please send your current CV/resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, and put ‘HIAPE Academic Manager application: Your Name’ in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Opportunities Through Education: For further information about Shane and HIA please visit the official Shane English School Taiwan website: https://careers.shane.com.tw/
SHANE ENGLISH SCHOOL TAIWAN (branches throughout Taiwan)
• Shane English School Taiwan is currently hiring English teachers (full-time and part-time options available) to work at our language centre branches in Taipei (Sanchong, Linkou, Xinzhuang), Hsinchu (Hsinchu City, Zhubei), Tainan (Annan, Anping, Xinying), and Kaohsiung (Fengshan).
• We are an employer, not a recruiter, and welcome both new and experienced teachers.
• Shane salary and benefits include: NT$600-NT$700 per hour, performance-related salary raises every 6 months, and a NT$15,000-NT$40,000 end of contract bonus.
• Guaranteed teaching hours of 20 hours per week (for full-time teachers).
• Classes taught include: Very Young Learners, Elementary School, and Junior High School.
• Course guides, materials, and resources are provided to teach a curriculum that favours spoken English over bookwork and allows for flexibility in teaching styles.
• Complete and continuous support, both inside and outside the classroom, from school staff and Head Office.
• Work permit, ARC, and health insurance sponsorship provided.
• Not just another buxiban - genuine opportunities for growth, development, and career advancement within an expanding and progressive organization.
For further information about our language centre roles and requirements please visit the official Shane website: https://careers.shane.com.tw/
Apply for SEST now at: https://careers.shane.com.tw/apply