ENGLISH MATH TEACHING POSITION
The Dewey Schools Vietnam, Tay Ho Tay campus is now seeking for one English Math Teacher. Please read below!
WHAT WE OFFER for English Math Teacher
• Visa/work permit sponsored, including spouse and up to 2 dependents
• Paid personal leave days and public holidays
• Reimbursed flight ticket and a part of expenses for hotel and meals during quarantine (if any for overseas hires)
• KPI (Key Performance Index) bonuses
• The 11th salary as bonus for completion of 10 working months
• Professional development opportunities
• Ongoing support for new teachers, such as airport pickup, bank assistance, phone set-up, etc.
• Tuition discount for up to 2 children
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for English Math Teacher
I) Teach Math subject in English – English Math
Teaching & Assessment
A. Planning lessons in line with the competencies, unit criteria and unit content outlines (unit plans);
B. Delivering planned lessons based on unit guidelines and schedule to students according to the schedule;
C. Holding all students to appropriately high standards in all areas of study;
D. Maintaining a robust rapport with students that is characterized by positive interaction and mutual support;
E. Creating and maintaining appropriate class rules and control over the classroom environment;
F. Inspiring students with both passion and knowledge;
G. Develop student personalities in line with The Dewey Schools ethos;
H. Managing and implementing student live recording events as and when applicable;
I. Regularly check and evaluate the learning activities of students
J. Keep track on the progress of students throughout the semesters and the whole academic year
K. Provide parents with information about their children’s learning and progress
L. Answer questions of parents if any
A. Adjusting learning programs for students in accordance with any changes in schedule or learning plan;
B. Providing updates and reflections on teaching, training and professional development to the academic department, on both the teaching program and the teachers;
C. Providing constructive feedback to the executive team regarding curriculum (problems; suggestions);
D. Supporting other teachers in their academic departments if so assigned by the Leader;
E. Taking part in continuous-professional-development activities;
F. Participation in tests, polls and surveys as and when the school deems necessary;
G. Extracurricular activities where assigned;
H. Help to develop and improve the subject on a semester-by-semester and year-by-year basis through contributing to a guide for the implementation of the syllabus;
I. Participate in writing experience statements to provide to the academic department in order to foster teacher discussion and learning;
J. Comply with all textbook requirements of the school, including the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training books.
REQUIREMENTS for English Math Teacher position
– Professional qualification o University or higher degree, majoring in Mathematics Teacher or relevant majors.
– Foreign language/ computer literacy / Native English speaker – Good office computer skills
– Skills of Leadership skills
– Effective organizing skill
– Communication and relationship-building skills
– Situation-handling and problem- solving skills
– Comfort using a wide variety of art media, technology and approaches.
– Demonstrates a commitment to equity through culturally relevant teaching practices through the design and implementation of instruction and high expectations for all students.
– Provides high quality instruction through knowledge of differentiated instructional practices and data-driven instructional decision-making.
– Ability and skills necessary to individualize instruction.
– Commitment and ability to work with a full range of students including gifted, mainstreamed special education, English language learners, and students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
– Ability to develop students’ technology literacy.
– The candidate shall be student-focused, deriving a sense of profound success from the successes of students, and as such shall be willing to give full ownership of all products, performances and outputs to the students in their charge.
– They shall embody the values and ethos of The Dewey Schools.
– Attends ongoing professional development activities, such as college course work, professional associations, workshops, and in-service opportunities
– Exhibits a strong and positive attitude with the belief that each student can be taught and has the right and capacity
to achieve personal academic excellence.
– Experience o A minimum of five (05) years of experience teaching in an international or bilingual school.
– Other requirement o Commitment to the School’s vision, mission and goals.
– Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations.