Start Date: July/August 2022
- Must be a native English speaker F-visa holder or Bilingual Korean (no visa sponsorship)
- Original apostilled diploma + original apostilled criminal background check (Domestic + Foreign)
- Fully vaccinated
- Upon being hired, a mandatory health check up will be required in order to be registered
with the Ministry of Education.
- 2+ years of experience with Korean academies
- Kindy and phonics experience
- Intermediate Korean speaking ability
- 2.8 million KRW + single room housing OR monthly housing allowance (500K KRW)
- Provided housing is approximately 10-15 minutes from the academy
- Salary is negotiable based on experience
1 minute walk from Sangil-dong Station (line 5)
- Monday to Friday: 1PM - 8 PM
- 24 teaching hours per week
- 1-2 hours of prep/grading per day will be provided within the working hours
- 15 days paid vacation (5 days in the spring, 5 days in the summer, and 5 days in the winter)
- All national holidays off
- Health Insurance, severance, pension (negotiable)
- 3 sick days
- Clearly structured pay scale for long term teachers.
The teacher will be teaching a total of 4 different levels and manage a total of roughly 30 students (24 teaching hours per week)
Please also include:
- Nationality & visa status
- Available start date
- Current Location
About The Academy:
Greetings! We are an academy in Gangdong-gu, Seoul, running small intimate classes (6 students per class). Our aim is to provide quality education based on high engagement with the teachers.
The directors are all native speakers and are also all teaching. All communication is done in English, and we try hard to create a positive and fulfilling working environment. Additionally, all communication throughout the hiring process will be conducted directly with the directors—no recruiters involved.
We have a strong curriculum based on North American standards which provide teachers with the framework to build a positive and enriching class atmosphere. Although training, curriculum, and syllabus are provided, ideally the candidate is someone who is experienced with academies in Korea (2+ years), self-motivated, and is always looking to improve and learn in order to better the learning experience for the students.
We believe that our positive environment gives professional teachers guidance and freedom to teach to the best of their abilities and hone their professional skills.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only be able to contact those that are most actively considered for a position.
Resume Screening > Phone Interview > Face-to-face interview & mock lesson > Job offer
To apply, email email@example.com