HEAD OFFICE POSITION AVAILABLE: DIRECTOR OF STUDIES (Linkou, New Taipei City)
• SEST / Shane Education is currently seeking applicants for the position of Director of Studies (DoS) to join our growing team in the Academic Department. The position will be based at Head Office in Linkou, New Taipei City, starting in July/August 2022 (start date can be flexible for the right candidate).
• The main responsibilities will be to maintain teaching quality by observing, training and advising teachers. The DoS is also responsible for writing and editing curriculum and course materials, and supporting DTE and Franchise schools. The DoS is expected to teach when required, although this will only be as cover.
• Requirements: Strong knowledge of EFL teaching methodologies and practices. CELTA/TESOL or equivalent
At least two years’ teaching experience. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong administrative and organizational skills. Computer literacy and competence in basic computer software applications. Previous supervisory and teacher training experience (preferred, but not essential). A passion for education and an eye for detail. Those who do not fully meet all of the criteria but are interested and think they have a lot to offer the role are still encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your current CV/resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, and put ‘DoS Application: Your Name’ in the subject line. The position is currently open but may close at any time depending on when a suitable candidate is hired. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed with the interview process.
SHANE ENGLISH SCHOOL TAIWAN (Taipei, Hsinchu, Taichung, Changhua, Yunlin, Tainan, Kaohsiung)
• Shane English School Taiwan is currently hiring English teachers (full-time and part-time options available) to work at our language centre branches in Taipei (Banqiao, Xinzhuang), Hsinchu (Hsinchu City, Zhubei), Taichung (Nantun, Xitun), Changhua, Yunlin, Tainan (Annan, Anping, Xinying), and Kaohsiung (Fengshan).
• We are an employer, not a recruiter, and welcome both new and experienced teachers.
• NT$600-700 per hour, performance-related salary raises every 6 months, and a contract completion bonus every 12 months.
• Paid training, paid annual leave, and unpaid leave.
• Guaranteed teaching hours of 20 hours per week (for full-time teachers).
• Classes taught include: Very Young Learners, Elementary School, and Junior High School.
• Course guides, materials, and resources are provided to teach a curriculum that favours spoken English over bookwork and allows for flexibility in teaching styles.
• Complete and continuous support, both inside and outside the classroom, from school staff and Head Office.
• Work permit, ARC, and health insurance sponsorship provided.
• Not just another buxiban - genuine opportunities for growth, development, and career advancement within an expanding and progressive organization.
For further information about our language centre roles and requirements please visit the official Shane website: https://careers.shane.com.tw/
APPLY NOW: please visit https://careers.shane.com.tw/apply and indicate your interest in the location in the ‘Tell us more about you’ section of the application form.