Who we are
Houhai English is an English reading institution in Beijing, China, founded in 2012. We provide high-quality small group ESL classes taught by International teachers for pre-teens and teenagers. Our foreign ESL teachers break through students' comprehensive English ability by improving their reading ability and helping them master advanced English through 17-level courses. Houhai English attracts many excellent students from primary to junior high school for in-depth English reading training and provides unique and effective solutions for language acquisition. We adhere to the values of simplicity. In an era of emphasis on relaxation, Houhai English insists on having a lifelong impact on learners by challenging them to be thoughtful and deliberate readers to enhance their comprehension and enjoy reading the text.
Find more on our website: https://www.houhaienglish.com.cn/
* Maximum of 60 work hours a month
* Additional classes and responsibilities are available for additional compensation
* Class size: maximum of 15 students per class
* Student age: 6 – 16 year olds
* Plan lessons and classroom activities
* Two days off per week (could be one day off on weekdays and one day off on weekends)
* Assist in school’s promotional events
* Attend staff meetings and teacher training
Salary & Benefits
* Competitive Salary: 18,000-24,000 CNY/month
* Contract completion bonus (4000 CNY after completion of the 1 year contract)
* Flight allowance (6000 CNY after completion of the 1-year contract)
* Public holidays plus 12 days of paid annual leave
* Health insurance provided
* Sponsored legal Z/Work visa
* Airport pickup upon arrival
* Professional pre-job training
* Bachelor’s degree required
* PGCE, or TESOL/TEFL certificate 120 hours plus required
* Native English speaker from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland
* 1 year of relevant teaching experience preferred
* Clean criminal record check
* Professional, positive, and culturally aware
* Energetic, friendly, and hard-working
How to apply:
* Please send the following docs to email@example.com
* *An introduction video in mp4 format (about 1 min, including who you are and where you from)
Reach out to the recruiter:
☝️ Apply for jobs with just 1 click and a higher chance of standing out.
👉 Apply Here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention that you found the job on Teast for the school's reference.
You need to be from one of the following counties to teach English in China: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa. However, schools in China can still hire teachers from other countries as subject teachers or teaching assistants and managers.
Due to the high number of applications the schools receive they may not be able to respond to every application. If you don't hear back from them within a week or so, it's best to move on to the next job.
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy anything which they then pay you back for later. NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. Scams in TEFL are rampant, be careful!