Head of English as an Additional Language (EAL)
(Base salary 70,000-90,000 THB based on experiences)
Teaching and Learning
● Work independently with both individuals and groups of students who are withdrawn from class for EAL support.
● Work with groups of children in a variety of different subject lessons under the direction of the subject / class teacher.
● Support the positive learning and behavioral ethos of the school.
● Prepare materials and resources for delivery of lessons.
● Conduct formal assessments to determine placement of new students and progress of students in receipt of EAL support.
● Complete progress reports and support where necessary in the production of Individual Education Plans
• To drive excellent standards of EAL teaching
• To create and develop a positive team atmosphere for all staff contributing to EAL.
• To advise and train academic staff how best to incorporate EAL teaching in all curriculum areas.
• To ensure schemes of work are in place and up-to-date.
• To oversee all EAL assessments.
• To contribute to the publicity of EAL provision on the website, school publications and social media.
• To give information to the finance Department, to ensure correct charging of EAL on provision to parents.
● Actively promote the social, moral, and cultural ethos of the school community.
● Help maintain high standards of safety and care.
● Supervise children when playing in designated areas in accordance with duty rotas.
● Be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children.
● Create an atmosphere of support by being aware of, and fully compliant with, all school polices.
● Promote exemplary behavior and a responsible attitude amongst all students.
● Ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner.
● Foster a close partnership with parents, initiating contact in appropriate circumstances.
● Carry out any reasonable professional request made by the Head of School.
● Be enthusiastic and passionate about education.
● Work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
● Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
● Present a professional image in line with the high expectations of ISE.
● Have a knowledge of teaching English and the necessary understanding of language learning.
● Be an ambassador of the school at all times, in school and in Thailand.
● Usual working hours on the school site would be 7.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
● Bachelor Degree
● Experience of working as a teacher of English as an additional language.
● Experience of administering Cambridge testing is an advantage.
● Excellent spoken and written English
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Include "Head of EAL" in the subject line of your email) or click "Send Resume".
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful candidate will be required to
undergo relevant background checks and will be expected to comply with the school Child Protection
and Safeguarding Policy.
The International School Eastern Seaboard (ISE) is an English language, coeducational, college-
preparatory day school in Thailand, enrolling students from pre-kindergarten (2 years old) through to
grade 12 (18 years old). The school provides a comprehensive academic program, including the core
subject areas of English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Performing and Fine Arts, Foreign Languages,
Physical Education, and an array of co-curricular activities. It also provides support for students with
English as an Additional language (EAL). ISE is an American style school with programs that are designed
to accommodate students from many nations who may come with a variety of educational needs. We
offer the IB Diploma program. Students who elect not to enroll in the IB program are still able to enroll
in regular high school courses and on passing the correct number of credits will be offered a High School
Diploma. The school has full accreditation by the U.S. based Western Association of Schools and Colleges
(WASC) and the Thai ministry of Education (MOE). ISE is also authorized by the International
Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
Please visit our website for more information.