We are seeking native English speakers to teach in Primary (G.1 – G.6) in our English Program. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree.
THAI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (TCS)
Location: Sukhumvit 71 Road
TCS is a K-G.12 English Program school established over 50 years ago. We are looking for highly motivated native English speaking teachers to join our team in the position(s) below. The starting salary depends on experience, qualifications, and expertise in certain subjects.
– PRIMARY (G.1 – G.6)
1) Grade 6 Teacher (1 position)
– Subjects: English, Science, Health, Social Studies.
2) Primary Teacher: Full time Teaching Assistant and Cover Teacher (1 position)
– Able to work with a wide range of grades (ideally G.1 – G.6+) to help cover classes and provide assistance in classrooms when there are no cover classes.
– This full-time position usually leads to the opportunity to take over any suitable vacancy that opens up if a teacher leaves, so it is a good way to start at TCS.
– 47,000 - 55,000 baht starting salary.
– Positions start June 2023 for the 2023-24 academic year.
– Annual salary increase according to performance.
– Normal working hours are 07:30 - 15:30, Monday to Friday.
– Teaching about 20 periods x 50 minutes per week; about 23 periods for Kindergarten.
– Additional teaching opportunities for extra income, especially for those who can teach G.1-6 students.
– Paid holidays (about 8 weeks per year if the contract is renewed) plus public holidays.
– Completion bonus and reimbursement for untaken sick leave.
– Health insurance (AIA).
– Visa and work permit assistance.
– Free lunch.
– Classrooms are air-conditioned and G.1-12 rooms are equipped with projectors.
Applicants MUST meet these criteria:
– Native English speaker from the UK, the USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a relevant subject area.
– TEFL, CELTA, PGCEi, MEd, or similar credentials are preferred.
– Minimum of 1-2 years’ teaching experience; less may be accepted with the right qualifications, attitude, and enthusiasm to learn quickly.
– Good IT skills, e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (basic calculations).
– Available to interview IN PERSON if possible and able to present original diplomas and transcripts.
– A teaching demonstration will be arranged with provided material/topic.
A successful candidate should be professionally minded, with students’ education and welfare taking top priority. We seek teachers who create a learning environment that is caring, consistent, interesting, and challenging for all abilities. Teachers need to collaborate closely, be flexible, and open-minded.
Responsibilities include grading work; keeping records; and producing/adapting lesson plans, materials, and exams to a consistently high standard. Teachers are supervised and observed by the relevant foreign heads of department to ensure standards are met and to encourage development. We hope successful candidates will exceed our expectations and contribute positively to our team.
In your email, clearly state items 1-5:
–  Which school(s) +  Which position(s) you are applying for
–  Your nationality +  Your degree
–  Your location in Thailand or the date you will arrive
–  *** Current visa and expiry date if in Thailand. ***
Attach items 7 – 10 otherwise your application may not be considered:
–  Your resume with a recent photo. Please do not send a link to an online resume.
– Scans of your  degree +  passport data page.
–  A link or small video file introducing yourself, or of a teaching demonstration.
– Letters of recommendation may also be attached.
Send your application to Ms. Kungsadarn via both addresses below. No phone calls, please.
EMAIL: email@example.com CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted (within 1-2 weeks or sooner).
☝️ Apply for jobs with just 1 click and a higher chance of standing out.
👉 Apply Here: Kungsadarn.email@example.com
Please mention that you found the job on Teast for the school's reference.
Due to the high number of applications the schools receive they may not be able to respond to every application. If you don't hear back from them within a week or so, it's best to move on to the next job.
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy anything which they then pay you back for later. NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Also always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. Scams in TEFL are rampant, be careful!