We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at elementary schools or Secondary schools in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
We are now recruiting instructors for the Fall 2022 term.
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
In lessons on both the Young Learners and Secondary School English Programs, the Westgate instructor would be the sole instructor in the classroom, not an assistant language teacher.
For the Fall 2022 term, lessons in all our programs except for the E-Learning Program are set to be delivered face-to-face on campus.
A decision to change the method of lesson delivery could occur at any time, i.e., either before or after the start of the semester. Therefore, we are looking for applicants who are interested in teaching on campus in Japan, but who would be willing to switch to working remotely when required.
Please read the Application Information for the Fall 2022 Term for more details.
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree and one of the following:
a) 500+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- Some classroom teaching experience with young learners (for Young Learners positions)
* No Japanese language ability is required.
* Non-EFL/ESL teaching experience may be considered.
3) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- Spring Term: Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
- Fall Term: Late August to March of the following year (approx. 7 months)
- One School Year: Late March to March of the following year (approx. 12 months)
4) LOCATION: Aichi
- Approximately 290,000 yen per month
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figure listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates for our University Program (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi).
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate at https://www.westgatejapan.com/
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.